For the case assignment, you will investigate the firm’s problem(s) as they relate to Information Systems and prepare a written paper for the case. The individual case must be completed by each student and submitted for grade by the due date listed in the course schedule. The individual case assignment is noted on Canvas under Upload Assignments.
The case analysis and discussion needs to address the main issues in the case related to information systems. Assume you are a consulting group and are giving advice to the CIO and other senior IS managers and they are the audience for your analysis report. Read the rubric carefully and make sure you understand the requirements for “exemplary performance”.
· Executive summary – a couple of short paragraphs which summarize the remainder of the report
· Background – use this section to lead in to your Problem Statement; identify symptoms, critical factors and the current state
· Problem Statement – a succinct statement of the problem/dilemma/issue, in a single declarative sentence; be careful to identify the real problem and not the symptoms of the problem
· Analysis – apply IS models, course content, and outside research to support your position; logically discuss options, implications and tradeoffs
· Recommendations and Conclusions – these should be your recommendations regarding how the organization should deal with the problem; they should be fully supported by the Analysis section
· Appendices – References and Charts – does not count towards the 5 pages